Available at: https://www.id-edd.com/privacy-policy/
When and How We Collect Personal Information
We may collect Personal Information when you or someone on your behalf:
- Accesses the Website or any of our Sites;
- Fills-in and submits web forms via the Website or any one of our Sites;
- Requests access to or utilize our systems for the delivery of services;
- Communicates with us via email, physical mail, courier, or any social media platform;
- Submits a resume, cover letter, or other employment-related documentation;
- Signs up for any ID live or virtual event through a Site; or
- Interacts with us directly over the phone, in person, or at any live or virtual event.
We also may receive Personal Information through third-party sources we contract with to assist us with sales or marketing campaigns.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information to:
- Facilitate and manage your registration, reminders, and attendance at live or virtual events;
- Fulfill our reporting obligations to CLE authorities;
- Respond to your request to access or download content from a Site;
- Deliver promotional sales, marketing, and educational materials (see “How to Opt-Out of Communications” below);
- Improve the function and operation of our Website;
- To control access to our systems;
- Track, assess, and make determinations regarding employment or staffing; or
- Ensure our ability to effectively communicate with current and potential clients, deliver quality services, and improve our business relationships.
When We Disclose Personal Information
We believe that privacy is a fundamental human right. As such, ID does not sell Personal Information.
We may, however, share or disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the following limited purposes:
- To fulfill our reporting obligations to CLE authorities when you request CLE credit for attending an ID-sponsored CLE event;
- To ensure your authorized access to our services;
- To deliver to you promotional marketing or educational materials; or
- To publish a testimonial that you have voluntarily provided and authorized us to share in writing.
Additionally, we may, if and as required, disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or health authorities when we, in good faith, believe: (i) such disclosure is required to satisfy any law, regulation or other lawful governmental demand; (ii) you have committed an unlawful act and a privilege or other recognized legal protection does not apply; (iii) you have taken an action that intentionally interferes with the operation of our business, services or Sites; (iv) it is necessary to protect and defend our legal rights or the rights of our personnel, clients, even without a subpoena, warrant, or court order, if a privilege or other recognized legal protection does not apply; or (v) it is necessary to prevent an imminent threat to the health, safety, and welfare of our personnel, clients, guests, or the general public.
How to Opt-Out of Communications
If you would like to opt-out of receiving promotional sales, marketing, or other materials from ID, you may: (i) use the “Unsubscribe” button on the bottom of an email sent to you from ID; or (ii) send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “REMOVE”. Please allow for up to ten business days for ID to process your request. Your decision to opt-out of promotional materials will not impact materials already queued for distribution prior to our processing your request or our correspondence with you regarding our existing relationship, including the delivery of services, accounting, or account management. California residents, please see the section below: “For California Residents”.
How Long We Retain Personal Information
We retain Personal Information for the duration of our business relationship, or until: (i) you choose to opt-out; (ii) you otherwise request we delete your Personal Information; (iii) the end of the period we are required to retain that information to comply with tax or other applicable laws or regulations; or (iv) we determine, in our sole discretion, that we have reached the end of our business relationship.
About Information Security
Please take due care whenever sending Personal Information to us via email. Standard email is not a secure means of transferring information. Encrypted data transfer of text communications and files containing Personal Information or other private or sensitive data can be arranged by emailing us at: email@example.com using the subject line: SECURE TRANSMISSION REQUEST. Please include an account ID for Signal, Confide, Wickr, or your preferred method for secure communication, so that we may communicate with you securely.
For California Residents
For Visitors Outside the United States
For European Data Subjects
While ID is a U.S. company, we respect the human rights of data subjects in the EU, EEA, EFTA, and beyond. To the extent that you, as a European data subject, choose to use our Website or Sites or voluntarily provide us with your Personal Data, as that term is defined under Article 4 of the GDPR, you may send us an appropriate request as set forth in Articles 15-22 and we will endeavor to fulfill that request in good faith. European data subject requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “GDPR DSR” along with any required documentation. Without accepting or acknowledging any obligation whatsoever, we will review and assess such requests as set forth under Articles 12-14.
For Data Subjects Outside Europe (EU, EEA, EFTA) and the United States
ID respects the human rights of data subjects around the world. As such, if you wish to assert data protection rights that you may have in your own jurisdiction relating to any Personal Information collected by us, you may make a request to ID to exercise those rights. Please send any such requests to email@example.com with the subject line: “GLOBAL DSR,” and include the appropriate documentation and citation to the applicable law (including English translation if the original is only provided in non-English language). Without accepting or acknowledging any obligation whatsoever, will review and assess such requests as set forth under the applicable laws.
ID does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. Our Sites are not intended for children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use our Website or any other ID Site. If a child has accessed our Website or other Site and provided Personal Information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian of that child may contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “CHILD PRIVACY”. We will promptly take reasonable steps to remove and destroy any Personal Information of that minor from our systems.
You can also write to us by physical mail sent to: Innovative Driven, 1700 N. Moore St., Suite 1500, Arlington, VA 22209, Attn: Privacy Office. Please allow an additional 2-3 weeks of response time for physical mail to be received and processed.